Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Best Kitchen Tool Ever

That's right. A hand blender. No kitchen should be made to suffer without one (although mine did for several years...). I use this to make soups, dips, hummus, spreads-you name it. It is SO much easier to use, less messy and more effective than a traditional blender is for most blending needs. (I still keep a blender around for the occasional smoothie or milkshake though.)

These baby's can be affordable to quite pricey, but are well worth whatever cash you put into them. Mine came from Target and cost about $20. They also had a $40 version for sale and, while it did look bigger and better than the $20 version, I've never regretted getting the "cheaper" one. Who needs their kitchen appliances to be on steroids anyway?

If you're not sure it's worth it, find a friend's to borrow for a week. Then use it. At least three times. For me, it was love at first puree, but it took a couple more uses to convince me that my love was real. I eventually gave into the urge and bought my own. Maybe you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment